Non-Payment of Alimony

Have you been receiving non-payment of alimony in Oklahoma? Read this article to learn how our Stillwater divorce lawyer can fix the problem. Read Our FREE Divorce Guide


How can I do if my ex fails to pay alimony?


If you’re ex-spouse has been ordered to pay you support alimony payments but fails to do so, the question becomes, how can you get them to comply with that order? Your attorney can file what’s called an application for contempt citation against them, alleging they failed to pay alimony as ordered by the decree.In doing so, the case will either result in the spouse paying the alimony or you’ll have a trial, where the court may determine them to be found guilty and in contempt of court, and that can potentially result in jail time of that ex-spouse. You have to hire an experienced divorce attorney to see what your options are.

If you are receiving financial support from your ex, you may have questions about non-payment of alimony. Contact a Stillwater alimony attorney at Murray Law Firm today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you. Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel