Changing a Custody Order

Have you had a change of circumstances and need help changing a custody order? Read this article to learn how our Oklahoma attorneys can help you Read Our FREE Divorce Guide


How do I modify my child custody order?


A lot of times, parents who have gone through a divorce process wonder if they can change a custody agreement. The answer is maybe. It’s going to depend on whether you qualify under Oklahoma law.Changing a Custody OrderThere’s a standard in which there needs to be a substantial permanent and material change of circumstances that directly affects the best interest of the minor children. Your request to change custody should be serving those best interests for the minor child’s temporal, mental, and moral welfare. That’s something that we assess on a case-by-case basis. If you believe you have a viable condition that’s occurred that results in a modification of custody in your favor, you need to contact an experienced divorce attorney to review those facts.

If your marriage is dissolving and you have children, you may be wondering about changing a custody order. Contact a Stillwater child custody attorney at Murray Law Firm today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you. Like Us on Facebook