Child Custody Relocation

If you are considering moving out of the area with your children, read this article to determine if child custody relocation is something you can legally do. Read Our FREE Divorce Guide


Can I move out of state with the children?


If you’re dealing with a situation where you’ve had a divorce and you’re the noncustodial parent – let’s say your spouse has sole legal custody of your minor children – the question sometimes becomes, can that spouse relocate with your children? The answer is, it depends.Child Custody RelocationThere’s a certain procedure in place in Oklahoma that requires you receive notice, at least 60 days in advance, subject to some exceptions. In doing so, you will then have an opportunity to file an objection of record, and potentially have a trial on the issue of whether the relocation should be permitted by the court. You need to contact an experienced divorce attorney to review your situation.

If your marriage is dissolving and you have children, you may be wondering about child custody relocation. Contact a Stillwater child custody attorney at Murray Law Firm today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you. Like Us on Facebook