Collecting Child Support

Is your child’s other parent not paying you child support? Read this article to learn how our Stillwater attorney can help you with collecting child support. Read Our FREE Divorce Guide


How can I get my child’s other parent to pay child support?


If you’re faced with a situation where you have custody of you and your spouse’s minor child and your spouse is court-ordered to pay child support, but is failing to do so, the question becomes what can you do to get him or her to pay? In that case, you need to contact an experienced divorce attorney who can guide you through the process, which would involve filing an application for contempt, alleging that your spouse is failing to abide by the court order by not paying the child support.Collecting Child SupportIn doing so, the case will either be resolved by the spouse purging themselves by maintaining the payment in full that is back-due, or you’ll have to go to trial and the judge will then render a decision. If found guilty, the spouse can potentially even serve time in jail for noncompliance. You need to, again, contact an experienced divorce attorney who can guide you through the process.

If your marriage is dissolving and you have children, you may be wondering about collecting child support. Contact a Stillwater child support attorney at Murray Law Firm today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you. Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel